The ICAI (Innovation Center for Artificial Intelligence) has been involved ever since the NL AIC was founded as a leading nationwide network of scientific AI collaborations, It involves cooperation with a focus on strengthening AI knowledge and retaining AI skills in the Netherlands, and it is intended inter alia to lead to further growth in the number of public-private ICAI labs. The ICAI concentrates on joint development of AI technology in a wide variety of application areas. Further expansion and rollout of the network of ICAI labs is an essential element of the national AI network that the NL AIC is creating together with its partners. The main thrusts of the collaboration are then the following:
From Research and Innovation
• Encouraging the development of new labs, both public-private and purely public.
• Collaborating on setting up activities centred on the current and future labs and on research and innovation activities that come from the NL AIC itself.
• Connecting the ICAI’s role in maintaining the network of ICAI labs to other initiatives for strengthening the research and innovation ecosystem, together with the NL AIC.
• Working together on criteria for ICAI labs and on generalizing them in the national context.
From Human Capital
• Cooperating on building up the NL AIC’s AI network, for instance by setting up learning communities and expanding activities in the ICAI connector.
• Jointly developing online courses and training and making them available.
• Retaining talented individuals for the Netherlands, for example by bringing doctoral students from the ICAI labs specifically into contact with Dutch organizations
• Bringing talented individuals (students and researchers) to the Netherlands as part of a common goal of retaining them for the Netherlands.
For further details, please go to the ICAI website.