The future of AI is promising, and the stakes have never been higher. It’s imperative to tread this game changing technology wisely and cautiously, as all decisions made today will quickly shape our future.
Since 2017, the World Summit AI has been a place to discuss AI developments, its possibilities and implementations – setting the global AI agenda. Each event attracted a diverse group of visitors, representing business, government, education and citizens. This year won’t be any different.
The business-oriented visitors give a good representation of the global AI ecosystem, ranging from Enterprise, Big Tech, Startups, Investors, Science and Academia.
The Netherlands AI Coalition, the Invest in Holland network, Topsector ICT and various ROM’s will host the NL Lounge at the WSAI. We would like to share our floor with you to show your innovations and use cases. NL startups, companies and initiatives are invited to become part of the program and make valuable connections in the NL Lounge.
What’s scheduled in the NL Lounge?
DAY 1 – 11 October
08:45 | Registration opens
09:00 – 10.30 | Good morning coffee
10:30 – 10:45 | LOUNGE OPENING by DG/SG & Frits Grotenhuis
10:45 – 11:15 | Lounge open for networking
11:00 – 11:45 | Coffee meetup by NL AIC Human Centred AI
- The topic of this interactive meeting will be EU AI act and foundation models. What are the legal (and ethical) challenges associated with foundation models? What might be included in the AI Act on this subject and what do we think about it?
> Irvette Tempelman (host, NL AIC)
> Jos van der Wijst (NL AIC)
> Cas Mevissen (Min. EZK)
> Joris Krijger (Volksbank)
> Jeffrey Hiraki (Vartion)
> Rob Elsinga (Microsoft)
11:15 – 12.00 | Lounge open for networking
12:00 – 12:15 | Health Talk/panel by NL AIC Health
12:15 – 12:30 | HEALTH Lightning Talks
- Whispp: Whispp’s speech technology converts whispered speech and vocal cord impaired speech into a person’s natural voice, with the intended intonation and emotion, in real time.
- Mindaffect: With our unique patented technology, we are developing groundbreaking brain-response (EEG) based systems for hearing and vision testing which are faster, more accurate and require no patient response to dramatically improve early diagnostic testing for the 1.6b hard-to-test market including; children, the elderly and the intellectually disabled.
12:30 – 13.00 | Healthy Lunch
13:00 – 13:15 | Lightning Talks
- Blue Gen: BlueGen.ai mimics your real data and generates privacy-safe synthetic data to accelerate your data-driven innovation.
- Roseman Labs: Breakthrough privacy technology enables organizations to use each other’s data, without sharing their data. Organizations keep full control over their data and can remain GDPR compliant. In this way, AI models can be trained and used, easier, faster and at a scale not seen before.
13:15 – 13:45 | Lounge open for networking
13:45 – 14:15 | Session TBC
14:15 – 15.00 | Lounge open for networking
15:00 – 15:15 | Lightning Talks
- Datacation: Conventional optimisation methods are not capable of dealing with the complexity of real-world problems. Through training an AI agent that tailors the underlying optimisation method to the actual problem at hand we lowered the needed number of computations to converge to an optimal set of values. This allows for more complexity to be taken into account, making it possible to solve real-world problems within an acceptable amount of time.
- Councyl: “We provide decision support for repetitive decisions in the public sector. Our technology can capture human expertise without needing historical data, in a fully transparant decision model.”
15:15 – 16.00 | Lounge open for networking
16:00 – 16:30 | Kick start AI: Tech for Good session
16:30 – 17.15 | Networking drinks
17:15 – 17:30 | Closing Lounge
17:30 – 20.00 | Networking dinner Kick Start AI by invitation only
DAY 2 – 12 October
08:30 – 10.15 | Good morning coffee
10:30 – 10:45 | Growth and Investment panel: Lumo Labs / Curiosity
10:45 – 11:00 | Followed by 2 Investment readiness workshops – registration required
11:00 – 11:15 | Lounge open for networking
11:15 – 11:30 | Diversity and inclusion panel in collaboration with CESu including lunch
12:15 – 12:30 | Lounge open for networking
13:00 – 13:15 | Startup and Scale up panel / EU landscape
- Lightning Talks TBC
13:15 – 14.00 | Lounge open for networking
14:00 – 14:15 | Lightning Talk
- JobProject: Redefining Productivity in the Digital Era: AI as the Catalyst for Human Capital Efficiency.
14:15 – 15:30 | Lounge open for networking
15:30 – 15:45 | Panel: How to grow, retain and encourage future AI talent
15:45 – 16:45 | Meet up: meet your next co-worker, meet your next employer
16:45 – 17:45 | Happy hour
17:45 – 18:00 | Lounge Closed
What sponsor options are available?
There are several options to get exposure through a sponsorship, in- and outside of the NL Lounge. Find four package options below:
- Startup package: Selected NL startups can claim the stage for a Lightning Talk presentation
- Company package: Selected NL companies can claim the stage for a Lightning Talk presentation
- Regional Partner package: Available for regional partners and hubs
- Strategic Partner package: As a strategic partner NL AIC, Invest in Holland and Topsector ICT invite you to co-host various activities
How do I sign-up?
There are multiple options to sign-up for:
Main Stage Speaker Nomination
If you want to be considered as a speaker for the main stage or you want to nominate someone.
But please be aware only TOP speakers will be approved to WSAI program committee. Sign-up here.
Submit your Contribution for the NL lounge at WSAI
If you want to be considered as a speaker for the NL side stage or you want to nominate someone. Sign-up here.
NL Lounge Partner Package
If you want to become a NL Lounge partner. Sign-up here.
If you have question you can reach out to Sandra Brandenburg for more information about the sponsorships.
When is the event?
11th-12th October 2023 with a daily program from 9:30 to 17:00.
Where will it take place?
Taets Art & Event Park, Amsterdam