On Thursday October 29th our working group Social Acceptance and Inclusion organises an inspiring online program about the aspects of Human Oriented Artificial Intelligence. The program starts at 14.00 and lasts until 16.30 hours. It is part of The Data Week.
What can you expect?
Simone van Trier (chair of the day) will led the discussion including the following topics:
- Peter-Paul Verbeek, Professor of Philosophy of Technology, will talk about how AI can positively influence our lives, and the (ethical) questions this raises. He presents the White Paper on Socially Responsible Artificial Intelligence with considerations about the possibility of an ‘ethical code’ between government, business and science and residents of the Netherlands.
- Emile Aarts, chair of the working group Social Acceptance and Inclusion of the Netherlands AI Coalition (NL AIC) explains Ethical Legal Social ‘labs’ (ELSA labs). In these labs, companies, government, knowledge institutions and residents of the Netherlands work together on socially relevant problems, using large-scale data files and smart algorithms.
- Interview with Kees van der Klauw, coalition manager NL AIC, about the meaning of the ELSA labs concept.
- Pitch of (possible) future ELSA labs.
- Discussion about AI with residents of the Netherlands, the business community, government and knowledge institutions about the approach of ELSA labs with a.o. Andrea Evers, Astrid Boeijen, Jasper Lindenberg, Margriet Sitskoorn, Liesbet van Zoonen and Natali Helberger.
Spread the news
Share this event with your relations, and with acquaintances in your personal environment. After all, AI is and will become part of our daily lives. That is why we like to involve as many people as possible in this exchange of thoughts. Please note the webinar is in Dutch.