On the 16th of November, ICAI organizes the ICAI Day Autumn Edition. This hybrid event will take place in Utrecht and online and will focus on AI & Climate Change.
What can you expect from this edition’s ICAI Day?
The climate crisis has a major impact on everyone and every living being on earth. As an AI community, ICAI would like to dedicate the ICAI Day Autumn Edition 2022 to address this important topic. In this edition, ICAI will focus on the technical aspect of how AI can be used for this challenge. Multiple insights from AI experts will be shown, and examples will be given of the social aspects of the climate change challenge. After the deep dive into the current challenges we are facing, there will be a discussion on how we can work together to find possible solutions with the support of AI technology. During the afternoon the following aspects will be addressed:
- Small group lunch discussions on specific topics with regard to Climate change and what can be done in this field;
- AI experts explaining;
- Discussion on how we can work together to make the world a better place;
- ICAI Lab posters during the breaks with insights into the innovation of the labs.
Part 1 – 12:00 hr – 13:30 hr: Lunch Table Discussion (NOT ONLINE, ONLY ON-SITE)
Topic: How AI can facilitate climate action in different sectors?
- Heavy Industry and Manufacturing;
- Electricity Systems;
- Societal Adaptation;
- Ecosystems and Biodiversity;
- Markets and Finance.
Part 2 – 13:30 hr – 18:00 hr: The Plenary Session (ONLINE AND ON-SITE)
Plenary Session Moderator: Felienne Hermans (Leiden University)
- 13:30 hr: Walk-in & Posters
- 14:00 hr: Welcome by ICAI
- 14:05 hr: Welcome by University Utrecht
- 14:15 hr: Lunch Table Discussion Summary
- 14:30 hr: Keynote speaker: Chiem van Straaten (KNMI) – Understanding climate extremes through AI
- 15:00 hr: Keynote speaker (online): Ralf Herbrich (Hasso Plattner Institute) – Artificial Intelligence and Energy: From Battery Research to Energy-Efficient Machine Learning and Human Intelligence
- 15:30 hr: Break & posters
- 16:00 hr: Keynote speaker (online): Elena Verdolini (EIEE, Università degli Studi di Brescia) – What role for AI in climate change mitigation?
- 16:30 hr: Panel Discussion (more details will follow in the coming weeks)
- 17:05 hr: Closing
- 17:10 hr: Drinks, network, and posters
Click here to register.